This article explains what is migrated during a migration from SharePoint Online to SharePoint Online.
What is migrated?
- Top Navigation bar
- Quick Launch bar
- Permissions at site level.
- Structure of site
- Welcome Page
- URLs (rewritten during the migration)
- Document Libraries
- Lists (Discussion boards, Microfeeds, Announcements, Event Lists, Task Lists, Generic Lists)
- Web parts
- Composed Look included in SharePoint Foundation
- Content Type
- Site content
- Delta migration.
- Each SharePoint site collection is migrated to an existing site collection.
- Each site page is migrated through the same template in the target site collection.
- Default and specific permissions are migrated through the site migration tool.
- Contents in web parts are not modified through the site migration
Type of sites
- Standard sites (wiki sites) are migrated
- Publishing Sites are migrated
- Modern sites are migrated (Please contact Cloudiway for this).
- Site collections are not created. They must be created before the migration. (This is currently on the roadmap to create them on demand).
- Structural navigation is currently not migrated (no SharePoint apis).
- Custom MasterPages are not migrated.
- Inheritance flags for themes and master pages are not migrated (you can do it from the GUI).
- Permissions on libraries are not migrated (This is currently on the roadmap).