This article explains how Cloudiway migrates calendars.
- Supports delta passes.
- Calendars are synchronized. Updates and deletions between two passes are propagated.
- Owner Field is migrated correctly (despite the fact that Exchange does not allow you to set/modify this field).
- Links between appointments are preserved (after the migration, if a user cancels an appointment, everybody will receive the cancellation).
- Rooms and equipment appointments are migrated.
- Permissions and delegations on calendars are migrated.
- All calendars are migrated (primary and additional calendars).
To ensure a proper migration of all types of entries, the timezone of mailboxes should be set properly before you run the migration.
How are calendars migrated?
When migrating to Office 365, Cloudiway maintains the links between calendar entries.
This means that if a user modifies or cancels an appointment after it is migrated, the modification is propagated to all the attendees.
Google migration notes:
Additional calendars are migrated (primary and secondary).
For the secondary (additionnal) calendar, you can have more than one owner and Google calendars don’t have a creator field. The platform determines which owner is the primary (creator) and migrate this calendar to his mailbox. All permissions (including the other owner) are migrated, all users should have access to the calendar even if it’s migrated in another mailbox.
For Google to Office 365, calendar migration does not propagate changes or deletions to the appointments .
Zimbra migration notes:
Additional calendars are not migrated (secondary).
Translation of addresses
Adresses found in permissions, owner (organizer), recipients and optional recipients are automatically converted during the migration.
The process uses the migration list as its mapping table.
It is important to define ALL the users and groups in the migration list before you start migrating your first mailbox.
If an entry is missing, any email addresses found in an appointment will not be converted. In particular, this will impact the migration of permissions and the migration of the organizer field (if the organizer field is not migrated correctly, since only the organizer is allowed to make a modification to a meeting, the meeting will become read only for everybody).
Currently attachments of calendar entries are not migrated.