You’re getting the following error: “The account does not have permission to impersonate the requested user”.
The administrator account that you have defined in the Office 365 connector doesn’t have the necessary permissions in Office 365. It needs delegated permissions in all target mailboxes, even if it is administrator of the tenant.
Method 1: using pPowerShell
You can set the relevant permission using PowerShell:
$cred = Get-Credential (Note : Enter the credential of a full administrator account)
$s = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange –ConnectionUri https://ps.outlook.com/powershell -Credential $cred -Authentication Basic –AllowRedirection
New-ManagementRoleAssignment –Name "Impersonation MAAS " –Role "ApplicationImpersonation" –User
For the complete procedure, follow this link:
Method 2: using the Office 365 Exchange Admin Center
- Login to the Office 365 Exchange Admin Center;
- Select “Permissions” from the navigation tree;
- Click on “Admin Roles”;
- Click the “+” Icon to add a new role;
- In the role group dialog box Provide a name for your Role Group (ie. “Cloudiway Migration Impersonation”);
- Under Role click the “+” icon to add a Role;
- Select ApplicationImpersonation”, click “add ->” and then click OK;
- Under Members click the “+” icon to add a new member to the RoleGroup;
- Select your admin account that will perform the migrations, click “add ->”, and then click OK;
- Click Save.