This article explains the prerequisites for the SharePoint On-Premises to SharePoint Online migration.
These are the inputs needed for SharePoint On-Premises to SharePoint Online migration :
- In source :
- an admin/password credential to access the source site collections
- the admin port to access the SharePoint On-Premises central administration
- In target :
- an admin/password credential to access the target site collections that is administrator for the entire target SharePoint
- a user mapping table: a mapping between users from the SharePoint source to the SharePoint target
- a group mapping table: a mapping of the SharePoint source Security Groups to the Sharepoint target Security Groups
Prepare your migration
In order to migrate with best practice, prepare your tenants as follows:
- Create all the target site collections where you want to migrate your SharePoint Online source site to.
- The Cloudiway SharePoint site migration tool migrates from a source configuration to the same exact target configuration.
Please check that these following settings are in both the source and target:
- Site template
- Working language
- Time zone
- Site collection name
- Give the target administrator the rights to access to all the SharePoint target site collections
- Create the source and target connector in Cloudiway
- Prepare the mapping user table in CSV format