This article explains what is migrated during a migration from SharePoint Online to SharePoint Online.
What is migrated?
- Top Navigation bar
- Quick Launch bar
- Structure of site
- Welcome Page
- URLs (rewritten during the migration)
- Document Libraries
- Lists (Discussion boards, Microfeeds, Announcements, Event Lists, Task Lists, Generic Lists)
- Web parts
- Composed Look included in SharePoint Foundation
- Content Type
- Site content
- Delta migration (pages and documents only)
- Each SharePoint site collection is migrated to an existing site collection.
- Each site page is migrated through the same template in the target site collection.
- Default and specific permissions are migrated through the site migration tool.
- Contents in web parts are not modified through the site migration