This article explains how to use the Outlook Configurator utility.
Outlook Configurator is a command-line utility that creates an Outlook Profile for Outlook 2016 or Outlook 2013, on a PC.
Supported Outlook versions
- Outook 2013
- Outlook 2016
- 32 bit and 64 bit
- .NET Framework 4.5
- Account with admin rights on the PC
The utility creates a profile for the provided email address, with the Cached Exchange Mode property activated, using an OST file for cached content.
Command line parameters
-email firstname.lastname@example.org (email of profile to create)
-displayname “firstname lastname”
-server ServerName (outlook.office.com for Office365)
-isdefault (if omitted isDefault = false)
Example: OutlookConfigurator.exe -email email@example.com -displayname “user lastname” -server outlook.office.com -isdefault
Installation and operation
- Download the package available here
- Unzip the package
- Open a Windows command prompt
- Navigate to the location where the package has been unzipped
- Register the COM dll : regsvr32 ProfMan.dll (or ProfMan64.dll) in the dll directory
- Run the command-line utility OutlookConfigurator.exe with the parameters as described above
The package can be downloaded here.