As explained in this article, you might have to split a Google Drive and migrate its shared documents to a SharePoint Online library and personal content to OneDrive.
This article explains how to proceed.
- Perform a Google Drive audit to determine what is considered collaborative content.
- Configure the Cloudiway migration platform to migrate Google Drive folders to SharePoint Online libraries.
- Configure the Cloudiway migration platform to migrate the Google Drives to OneDrives.
Order of migration
Cloudiway migration platform does not duplicate files during migration.
To correctly migrate specific folders to a SharePoint library and then migrate the remaining files to the user’s OneDrive, you should migrate in the following order:
- migrate the folders to SharePoint libraries; then,
- migrate all the Google Drive data to OneDrive.
During migration of the folders, the reference IDs of the files will be stored in an internal cache.
After, when you migrate the Google Drive data to OneDrive, files that have already been migrated to SharePoint libraries are ignored. This prevents data duplication.