This article explains how to create a service account in Google and give it the required permissions to perform the migration. Creating a Google account that has access to all data is a two-step process:
- create a service account; then,
- give the service account the necessary permissions.
1. Create a service account
Follow this procedure to create the service account used by Cloudiway to migrate Google Apps accounts.
- Open the Google API Console at https://console.developers.google.com
- Create a new project
- Click on Use Google APIs
- Activate the relevant apis
Note: If you’re going to use Cloudiway Identity Management, you need the AdminSDK,Contacts API and Google+ API (AdminSDK and Google+ API are not necessary for migration only).
- Next, Click on Credentials
- Click On New Credentials and select Service Account key
- Create a New Service Account with the name of you choice
- Select P12 Key type and click on Create
- Click on Manage Service accounts
- In the Options column of you service account, click on Edit
- Check Enable Google Apps Domain-Wide Delegation
- If Google Apps ask you, Enter a Product Name shown to users and click on Save
- Else, click directly on Save
- Click, in the Options column in the View Client ID link and write down the service account email Address and client ID
2. Set Permissions to the service account
- Go to your Google Apps domain’s control panel: https://admin.google.com
- Click on “Security”
- Click on “Advanced Settings”
- Click on “Manage API Client Access”
- In “Client Name” field, enter the client Id
- In “One or More API Scopes” field, enter the followings scopes:
- If you are migrating mails to Google, add these feeds:
- If you are migrating the Google sites, also add this feed:
- If you are using Cloudiway Identity Management, add these feeds:
WARNING : slashes (“/”) at the end of the scopes are important, please follow exactly the above string ! Some of them require an ending “/”, others do not allow ending “/” !!! Each scope must be seperated by a comma ‘,’ WARNING : If you add another scope later, existing scopes will be removed. You need to add the whole list at the same time.