While migrating from Google, you see the following error: “Request failure: Execution of request failed”.
There are multiple possible causes:
Cause 1: account inaccessible
The account no longer exists in Google, is disabled, or the user must change password at next logon.
Activate the account or ask the user to login to Google.
Cause 2: IMAP disabled
Cloudiway uses IMAP to migrate the mails.
IMAP might be disabled.
There are two places where IMAP can be enabled/disabled.
1. In Admin Console -> Google Apps ->Settings for Gmail -> User Settings, verify that Disable POP and IMAP access for all users is not checked.
2. IMAP can also be disabled in each user profile:
- Log in Gmail with the user credentials;
- Click on Settings;
- In Forwarding and POP/IMAP, verify that Status IMAP is Enabled;
- If IMAP is disabled, enable it.
You might not want to ask every user to enable IMAP on their profile.
Fortunately, the Command line GAM can enable IMAP for all users: gam all users imap on
Cause 3: SSL disabled
We have seen a rare circumstance where SSL was disabled.
Re-enable SSL : Admin Console -> Security -> Basic Settings