This article explains how to migrate a Google Drive to a SharePoint Online library. Connect to Cloudiway Migration Platform
Step 1: Click on File Migration
Step 2: Create a source connector of type Google Drive.
Click Sources and click on New. Select a Google Drive connector. Follow this article to configure the service account.
Step 3: Create a target connector of type Sharepoint Online
In a similar way that you created a source connector, click on Targets and then create a target connector of type SharePoint Online.
Step 4: Configure the global settings
Step 5: Create users
Create your users or import them through a csv file. The users have to be created in the following way:
- specify the source email address;
- In Target Email, specify the name of the library where you want to migrate. (ex : myLibrary).
If the library does not exist, it will be created automatically by the platform.
NOTE: Data can be migrated to different places. For example, a single folder from one user could be migrated to a unique location, away from the user’s other files. Find out more in this article.
Users can be created by uploading a CSV file.
Step 6: Pre Processing
Click on migration, and click on Pre Processing. The pre processing task is performing three actions:
- Ensures that the user list correctly matches the users in Google and automatically corrects the mistakes in the Cloudiway platform.
- Automatically provisions the OneDrive profiles (by default, they are created the first time a user connects to OneDrive).
- Automatically set the permission to the migration account (by default, only the user has permissions to their OneDrive and nobody else).
Step 7: Migrate
After the pre processing task is completed, select the users that you want to migrate and click on Start. The migration starts automatically.