When to run it?
At the end of your migration when you have modified the primary STMP addresses of the source or of the target.
What it does?
When the source or the target is an Exchange or Office 365 system, the email defined at the source must be the primary SMTP address. As soon as the migration of a user has started, the user license is locked to prevent it being used to migrate another user. However, during migration, you might need to change the primary SMTP address of a user.
If you’re willing to mass rename all the user list, you can use this tool.
It will transfer the source domain name to the target.
NOTE 1: The changes are applied only to the Cloudiway mail migration user list.
How to run it?
- Go to Mail Migration -> Global Actions
- Click on the Switch Domain task
- Choose your source and target domains to switch
- Enter your new source domain name (most common is the @NameOfTenant.onmicrosoft.com).
- In the Switch rules area you’ll find the results of a task completion. If it fulfills your request, click on Switch button.
- The confirmation message appears in Global Actions window.
After changes: Source is firstname.lastname@example.org, Target is email@example.com:
NOTE 2: The Global task does not support the translation of prefixes (bob@->bob.down@).