There are some circumstances where the URL of a OneDrive user profile is not the standard URL derived from the user’s email address.
Usually, a OneDrive user profile is a combination of several pieces of data:
- default prefix of the OneDrive site (for example, https://cloudiway-my.sharepoint.com);
- /personal prefix;
- email address with extended characters replaced by underscores. For example, bob_cloudiway_com for email@example.com.
Following these rules, the URL profile of firstname.lastname@example.org would be :
However, the URL of the OneDrive profile might not be built that way.
For example, if we delete and recreate bob, his URL might become https://cloudiway-my.sharepoint.com/personal/bob_cloudiway_com1/Documents/Forms/All.aspx
In this case https://cloudiway-my.sharepoint.com/personal/bob_cloudiway_com/Documents/Forms/All.aspx will also exist but will not be the URL mapped to the profile.
Cloudiway will always try to migrate to the default URL, if it exists.
This procedure shows how to restore the default URL profile so that the migration can take place correctly.
- Connect to the SharePoint administration interface (for example https://cloudiway-admin.sharepoint.com);
- Click on User Profiles;
- Under “People” select “Manage User Profiles”.
- In the search bar, enter the username that you are looking for.
- Once you have found your user, select the “down arrow” and select “Edit my profile”.
- Search the personal site field and modify its value;